header

Void Hunters

Void Hunters

Postby campilan » Thu May 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello,
I'm curious as to the status of Void Hunters. The last update I had read involved "Redshirt" career options. Please let me know what you can.

Thanks!
campilan

Re: Void Hunters

Postby jabber » Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 am

Welcome, Campilan!

I'm working on it slowly, adding bits here and there. The reason there hasn't been a lot of info on it lately is that I've been working overtime trying to get Quarterback Blitz ready for production (which reminds me, I need to create a forum section for it) and trying to secure an Associate Professor position for the Fall (which means a ton of syllabus and grant proposal writing), as my main job is teaching Game Design at the collegiate level.

Technically, I'm about half way through with it. All that really remains is the ton of equipment lists, the GM section and the starship combat rules, which I'm actually working on, in an indirect way, on another game related project which will be announced probably mid-summer. The starship in Void Hunters will be a stripped down, RPG friendlier, version of the much more comprehensive rules being designed for that game.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Jkl » Fri May 23, 2014 9:54 am

Will you be running void hunters at origins or gencon?
Jkl

Postby jabber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Jkl wrote:Will you be running void hunters at origins or gencon?

I won't be at either of those, this year. I'll be starting work as college instructor hopefully sometime at the beginning of August, and most of my summer resources are being spent on getting games into physical production at this point. Next year, we should have 2 or 3 games completed and will be showing at the major conventions, but right now, we're busy making them.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Maxnorth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Good to read updates on Void Hunters and BoHM! I do have a question, and maybe it's too early to ask, but you had mentioned that these games, when released, would be "transmedia" or tablet-specified. Will there be any means for those without tablets to access the games, such as POD or PDFs? Just curious, as I look forward to their eventual release! Best of luck...
Maxnorth

Postby jabber » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:12 pm

As far as VOID goes, it's early days yet, and I want to finish the Demo and get that out to people to gauge the response before I commit to any particular endgame scenario. But rest assured if it garners enough interest for me to finish the full rulebook (including all the GM Tools, adventures, etc.), the very least you'll see is an artless PDF of the full rules for cheap on RPGNow.

As for BoHM, there are many plans afoot for that now. I plan on making it a major IP and that means many types of games and formats. I will likely release some smaller table top games that capture the universe in all its glory first (starting with a game about Titan battles) as well as some fiction. In that way, I can build up interest in the universe and play with some mechanical ideas before committing time and resources to the full RPG.

In the end, it is interest in the properties that determines their breadth and distribution, and the best way for me to gauge interest is to have a lot of folks talking about them on this very board, so spread the word! I love input and the more I get, the more excited I get and the more intensely I focus on a particular project. That is the secret to getting creatives to work. The promise of making fat stacks of cash on a product doesn't hurt either... :lol:
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Palnud » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 pm

I'd love to spread the word (especially on VOID). Outside this site and the Goodman Games forum (when it was still associated with DCC), I haven't seen it mentioned, and it should be, since it focuses on a kind of sci fi that fits somewhere between space opera and harder science fiction quite nicely. Looking forward to it's further development!
Palnud

Postby Maxnorth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi!
Just wondering if there were any updates on VOID ( and/or BoHM)... :)
Maxnorth

Postby jabber » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Working on the former to create a demo (I have it finished it just needs layout) and the latter as a small stand alone card game to introduce the universe and generate more interest in the RPG (now in design).

Both are currently behind the Quarterback Blitz football game, which is being shopped around to various production companies. Topps almost bought it, but couldn't figure out how to market it, so turned it down after a few weeks consideration. I'm getting it ready for a presentation for another company right now.

I really need to update my blog, but I am regretfully neglectful of the social media aspects of my work. Still, I'll post a major update as soon as I get a breather this week.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby pizmo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:04 am

Please keep working on this man, you have some great ideas going with this and I hope you don't quit. This could be really cool and I think (from what I've read) it already looks really good.
pizmo

Postby Maxnorth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Hello!
Just curious if there are any updates. Hope all is well!
Maxnorth

Postby jabber » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:10 am

Nothing major to report. Trying to get together a demo set for QBB and VOID Hunters, in that same manner as the DCC beta.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Maxnorth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello,
Just dropping in to say I hope everything is well and all is going well entering the holiday season (typing this as I enter the first of two 60 hour work weeks).
All the Best!
Maxnorth

Postby jabber » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks, Max! I've been doing the same this month. Working two jobs to make ends meet. It's been a year since I gained my MFA, but I still haven't found one good job so I'm substitute teaching during the day and working retail at night.

I've got this week off, though, and I'm working on game projects, so looking forward to getting some of that done...
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Maxnorth » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello!
Hope you had a good holiday. Just dropping in to ask how things were going with VOID and other projects. Hope you don't mind my asking. Best of luck with everything!
Maxnorth

Next

Return to General