header

Void Hunters

Re: Void Hunters

Postby jabber » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:02 am

Maxnorth wrote:Hello!
Hope you had a good holiday. Just dropping in to ask how things were going with VOID and other projects. Hope you don't mind my asking. Best of luck with everything!

Don't mind at all, Max. I'm just happy somebody stops by here once in a while to check on me :lol: .

Actually, I've finally managed to stop the spamstorm that was keeping my blog from functioning properly and have posted up a new entry on the goings on in my little corner of the nets: http://jabberwocky-media.com/?p=346

Hopefully, the fact that I no longer have to spend so much time deleting crap means I'll spend more time posting updates. Unfortunately, my solution for stemming the spam deluge was disabling the comments. But, I have a forum board, so if anyone is particularly interested in leaving a comment, that is the best option, anyways. I'd love to see the thing more active.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Maxnorth » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello,
Nice to read about the development of your games. The Barbarians of Heavy Metal card game looks awesome! I know you wrote of it the beginning of the year update, but I was curious how you planned to implement the rules for VOID Hunters. I know you plan for it to be a tablet-based game, but the rules were very OSR/ toolkit-like. I'm generally more familiar with pen and paper rpgs, so I was wondering if you could clarify how this might take shape. Good luck with the development of your endeavors!
Maxnorth

Postby jabber » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Maxnorth wrote:Hello,
Nice to read about the development of your games. The Barbarians of Heavy Metal card game looks awesome! I know you wrote of it the beginning of the year update, but I was curious how you planned to implement the rules for VOID Hunters. I know you plan for it to be a tablet-based game, but the rules were very OSR/ toolkit-like. I'm generally more familiar with pen and paper rpgs, so I was wondering if you could clarify how this might take shape. Good luck with the development of your endeavors!

That's a good question, and one worthy of a full blog post... http://jabberwocky-media.com/?p=397
jabber
Site Admin

Postby Maxnorth » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Hello.
I haven't checked back in a while, and was curious how things have been developing with Void Hunters and BoHM. Hope all is well, and all the best!
Maxnorth

Postby jabber » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks for asking! I got a contract job last summer and spent 6 months doing that and then, in October, my new son, Finn was born. I'm back designing again at this point, however.

Before all that, I managed to get the BoHM card game to a playtesting stage and all I really need now is to make a few tweaks and get some original art. QBB has be in development constantly over the last couple of years and is getting a total revamp to make it quicker and easier to play while still retaining the feel of actual football. VOID is still waiting for someone to help me program the thing.

I may well get a Kickstarter together in a couple of months for at least one of these projects, but being a one man setup means it takes a bit, especially if I want to do it right.,,
jabber
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General