header

Free Print & Play Demo of FOR GLORY!...

Free Print & Play Demo of FOR GLORY!...

Postby jabber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 am

jabber
Site Admin

Re: Free Print & Play Demo of FOR GLORY!...

Postby James Hutchings » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:59 pm

I went through the rules and found some things:

* p4 - this implies that the symbol means the character has Arcane Power, rather than the symbol with a number.

* p10 - "bottom edge of the card...each one containing a number". From looking at the cards, it seems to mean that the symbol will contain a number if the relevant variable has a value over zero.

In both cases, I think it would be clearer if the symbol was left off the card entirely when the relevant variable has a value of zero.

* p8 - The Barbarians swears a mighty oath...": should be 'Barbarian'.

* Two references to 'page xx' on p9, one on p11, and two on p14.

* p9 - "you may choose to encounter..." a Rival Hero, but "if you do not attempt to Encounter a Rival Hero..."

* p14 - card text: "causes the population to go made...", should be 'mad'.

* p19 - "once you're hero is dead...": should be 'your'.

* p23 - "choose one at the before the game". Should be 'choose one before the game' or 'choose one at the start/beginning of the game". Also, the intention seems to be that these scenarios are optional, but it doesn't say so.

* p24 - "If discovered within 3 hexes of their starting hex (6 on the 5-6 player map), even if it is discovered by another player": suggest "if discovered within 3 hexes of any player's starting hex, or within 6 hexes on the 5-6 player map".

* The smaller map has cut-off text. Suggest erasing it on the smaller map, or having new text entirely within the map.
James Hutchings

Postby jabber » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanks, James! I'll get those little bugs fixed after I finish the latest QBB rules revision, probably next week some time.

What do you think of it so far?
jabber
Site Admin

Postby jabber » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:26 pm

All fixed but the map. Didn't have time to fix that, but I will for the final product.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby James Hutchings » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:21 pm

jabber wrote:What do you think of it so far?

I only looked at the rules rather than playing it, but it wasn't clear what strategy the game had.

I think it might be better to have major encounters/goals laid out on the map before the game starts, rather than drawing them as you go. I know this goes against the feel of wandering sword and sorcery heroes, but it might create more opportunity for strategy.
James Hutchings

Postby jabber » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:32 pm

James Hutchings wrote:
jabber wrote:What do you think of it so far?

I only looked at the rules rather than playing it, but it wasn't clear what strategy the game had.

I think it might be better to have major encounters/goals laid out on the map before the game starts, rather than drawing them as you go. I know this goes against the feel of wandering sword and sorcery heroes, but it might create more opportunity for strategy.

The full game introduces Adventures, which provide tasks in specific areas that must be accomplished to complete them. One is drawn at the beginning of the game and another is drawn each turn, and the heightened glory awards and worldwide affects of these make them a draw for adventurers.
jabber
Site Admin

Postby James Hutchings » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:21 pm

I think you should have them in the demo game then. Perhaps only a selection of the total?
James Hutchings

Postby Tactics » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi ...tried to post a reply/question for QBB but nothing told me where to go , how to.., etc etc . Was getting fed up till i found this.

Please point me in the right direction guys....Thought the qbb looked reeeel good, considering there is or has been nothing since GRIDIRON HEROES.

When is this coming out?, Is the game producing the playing board ?..Will the rules be PDF?? What about figures ?? How much might it be ??
Will it be distributed in UK ?? Blah blah thousand questions lol

Regds Gary
Tactics

Postby jabber » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:23 am

Sorry dude, but there was nothing showing up on the board from my end, so I totally missed this question. It's showing the last reply was from James Hutchings, so obviously there is a glitch in the board I'll have to locate and fix. And you're right, there should be a QBB section, I have just been so busy with the thing.

Topps looked at the game late last month and really liked it, but thought it was not right for their market (mostly kids), so turned it down. But they want to see more designs in the future, so I will probably make them a baseball game next year.

I'm still shopping it around to other sports collectible companies, and in the meantime, the game has improved and streamlined incredibly (in the 7th revision now) so that it plays much faster. The game (as currently designed) will include a 6 part playing board that can be laid out to recreate a full football field or used in separate pieces, with the field 'rolling' wit the action to accommodate smaller playing areas. The pieces will be 28mm individual players on 'click' basees that allow you to switch out the player numbers in a certain position so they can be used for multiple player cards, there will be penalty cards, play cards, dice and counters. There is no longer a need for rulers, as the movement system has changed to a zone based scheme.

Until I have a company onboard to produce the game, I can't say anything for sure about distribution of final price, but I imagine, with the Europeans new found love for American Football and the old time love of wargames, it will see landfall over there pretty quickly, especially if Panini (the company I'm courting now) decides to take up the game. As for price, with the number of components, we're looking at around $60-75 US.
jabber
Site Admin

Return to For Glory!!!